Thursday, August 3

I cannot cook for a man if I am the breadwinner of the home- actress Ronke Oshodi Oke says


In a recent interview with Broadway TV,
actress Ronke Oshodi Oke spoke on the reason
why most celebrity marriages are crashing.

According to her, a marriage cannot work when
the woman is the one providing the finance that
runs the home. She argued that a
marriage where the woman is the one paying
the utility bills, providing the school fees of the
children, food and other important things cannot
work.

"That is what is trending now and do you know
why it is like that? It is because we are exposed.
Everyone wants to work. Everyone wants to earn
money. Thirty or forty years ago, it was our
fathers that were earning money. Ladies don't
really use to go to universities. They were like if
I go to a university, no one would marry me
again. My father used to say that he can never
marry a graduate. He used to tell me he cannot
marry a nurse. But now, I would bring 50, the
man would bring 50 or I would bring 70 the
man would bring 30 or he would bring 70, I
would bring 30 because we have to work hand
in hand. So how do you think we can sustain
the marriage. It is not going to work. It is not
because we don't want to really be in our
husband's house or that we are not submissive
enough, it is not just going to work. I am going
to pay the NEPA bill, I would provide foodstuff if
you don't have, I would pay the school fees if
you don't have, I would do some certain things
if you don't have. And then you would now
come and expect me to cook for you or come
and meet food when you come back home, it is
not going to work. It is not just going to work.

That is just it. But if you are a man and you are
doing everything, absolutely everything, that is
when you can have total control of your
wife"she said

No comments:

Post a Comment