Thursday, August 3

Ukraine heavyweight boxer, Wladimir Klitschko retires from boxing, ends Anthony Joshua’s rematch hopes


Ukrainian boxing legend, Wladimir Klitschko has
announced his shocking retirement after a 21-
year career in the boxing ring after winning 64
of his 69 fights.
The 41-year-old made the announcement this
morning in a video where he confirmed his
decision.

According to him, "I deliberately took a few
weeks to make my decision, to make sure I had
enough distance from the fight at Wembley
Stadium,” Klitschko said in a statement released
on his website. “As an amateur and a
professional boxer, I have achieved everything I
dreamed of, and now I want to start my second
career after sports.

Klitschko who was defeated by Anthony Joshua
in a heavyweight blockbuster bout back in April
and the British-Nigerian boxer was hoping for
another bout in Las Vegas on November 11.

The Ukrainian retires as one of the sport's true
greats, having held the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO
heavyweight titles, as well as the lineal crown,
and remains the second-longest serving
heavyweight champion of all time behind Joe
Louis with 18 consecutive defences over a nine-
year span.

Watch the video of his announcement below..
Www.youtu.be/6BMR9P1Qepk

No comments:

Post a Comment